Update 8/23/17: Our plumbing issues are resolved, and we’ve resumed normal operations. Thank you for your patience!
We at the Seattle Animal Shelter would like to thank our customers for their patience and understanding while we temporarily suspended adoptions yesterday as a result of unexpected plumbing issues at our facility. The good news? We’ve resumed adoptions and can continue finding forever homes for our amazing animals. The bad news? We’re still dealing with those plumbing issues, but we’re working around them.
While we continue to work with maintenance crews to address the plumbing issues, we unfortunately need to limit the number of animals coming into the shelter. So what does this mean for you?
- Have you found a lost animal? If you’re a Seattle resident and you found a lost/stray animal, we encourage you to seek out the animal’s owner using our Lost and Found Database or find the lost animal’s home by matching licenses or microchips with assistance from shelter staff.
- Do you need to surrender an animal to us? Unfortunately, we’re not able to accept owner-surrendered animals at this time. Seattle residents wishing to surrender animals are asked to keep them until we are able to begin accepting surrenders by appointment.
Until we are able to accept surrenders, several partner agencies in the area may be able to help, on a space-available basis. Before bringing an animal to any of these agencies, please call to ensure they will be able to accept your surrender.
- Regional Animal Services of King County, 21615 64th Ave. S., Kent, 206-263-1230 or 206-263-1314
- PAWS, 15305 44th Ave. W., Lynnwood, 425-787-2500 (no availability until week of Aug. 21)
- Humane Society for Tacoma and Pierce County, 2608 Center St., Tacoma, 253-383-2733 (cat appointments are three weeks out)
- Auburn Valley Humane Society, 4910 A St. SE, Auburn, 253-249-7849 – (appointment required)
As we have more information, we’ll update it here, so please check back.
Information about the Seattle Animal Shelter is available online at http://www.seattleanimalshelter.org or by calling 206-386-PETS (7387).