Bunny Party on April 19
On April 19 from 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Ugly Baby and La Ru (located in the historic Pike Place Market at 1430 Western Ave.) will be hosting the 2nd Annual Bunny Party! Every year after Easter animal shelters are inundated with unwanted bunnies — Bunny Party! educates people about rabbits while raising funds for the Seattle Animal Shelter.
- Market-wide Easter Egg Hunt starting at 10 a.m.
- Meet real bunnies from noon-4 p.m., with a $1 suggested donation
- Giveaway bags at 4 p.m., 5 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- Sidewalk chalking along Western Avenue all day
- Bunny related craft projectsDonations will be collected at Ugly Baby and La Ru. All donations, as well as 10 percent of Ugly Baby and La Ru’s sales will go directly to the Seattle Animal Shelter to help the bunnies.
Bunny Party! is a fundraiser for the Seattle Animal Shelter to support the Shelter’s work with rabbits who are abandoned or surrendered after Easter. Last year’s Bunny Party! collected over $450 in donations for the Help the Animals Fund and recruited a new foster parent for the critter foster program. Shelter volunteers will be bringing adoptable rabbits to meet the public noon-4 p.m. at Bunny Party! but we will not be processing any adoptions at the event.